Generally, those guys using paraview, a data visualization packages in CFD, want to show a time stamp during their animation. Here is a way to display the time stamp, using paraview 2.4.
- Load data with paraview, in 3D view property, switch on the corner annotation in the annotate panel.
- Save session state from menu
File -- Save Session State, a file with ext “.pvs” will be got.
- Open this file, find the string
SetAnimationtime, you may be see “$kw(vtkTemp664) Set AnimationTime 0″.
- In any of the SetCornerText, add somthing like “Time = [vtkTemp664 GetAnimationTime]”, Then you can get the time-step stamp.
- If you want to get the right time with your simulation data, you could add “*0.001/40 s” to the end of time-string “Time = [vtkTemp664 GetAnimationTime]”, then you can get something like “Time = 2 * 0.001/40 s” on the corner, where “0.001” is the time range of your simulation, and “40” is the number of time steps you have saved.
1. [Paraview] An easy way to get live annotation. http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2006-December/004259.html. Apr 12, 2008.